Tuesday 22 October 2013

Things get difficult before they become easy!

We are coming back folks!  It has been a long few months and I know Sitting Pretty has been missed, we have missed you too and are so excited to be getting so close to opening, its like having butterflies all over again.

The new Sitting Pretty Vintage Tea Room will be opening in November.  The building in Galgate which many of you have been to previously is under going major refurbishment by local builder GORAB - Geoff Oultram Roofing and Building.  Over the last few weeks I have been watching the transformation take place and at times I have to admit that I have cried because of the monster of a project the refurbishment is.

We had been going along on our project timescale so well when we hit a snag - woodworm and rot was found in some of the timbers so these needed to be fixed.  What I did not expect was that a third of the downstairs ceiling, joists and lintels would need to be replaced.

I have faith in my building team and they are doing the most fantastic job.  Take a look at some of the photos of how the Tea Room stands now - you may be a little shocked!







I will update on the progress soon!  I know that it is going to add to the WOW factor of our reopening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All our comments are moderated before being published, your comment will be added to the site as soon as possible.
Thank you for your support.